My understairs larder conundrum finally with images!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Managed to get a few images of my larder today, the plan was to have it removed so we can get a fridge there but im wondering if its even possible or if we shoud just use it to hide the washing machine/dryer since its big enough.

The square on the ceiling is the landing at the top of the stairs and the right hand wall of the cupboard is about 15cm thick and feels solid.

I know i need to get under the floorboards upstairs to see what is tied into where (i wouldnt know so more pics will be coming this way!) but i just wondreed if anyone had any thoughts until i can lift the boards (next weekend). Apologies if this is a complete waste of time without the other pics. I'll be back armed with them i promise.

EDIt: its just occured to me that this might have been useful in the stairs section. doh.

Sponsored Links
Im no expert but I would hazard a guess it holds the stairs up! Removal may not be a cheap exercise..... It looks like there may be a duct already there for tumble dryer vent, (the white pipe), so your suggestion of putting your dryer in there may not be a bad idea.

we have decided that since the inside width is 75cm we are just going to slide a fridge in there anyways. That was th eplan if the cupboard was gone and since it'll fit there seems little point to waste time and money attempting to remove it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back