VOKERA EXCELL 80SP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help, please? Have recently become owner of 12/13 years old Vokera Excell 80SP combi boiler, which is due its annual service. However, have so far not managed to decipher the markings on the small slider switch that lies within the 24 hour tappet clock. It is a tiny bit of plastic that can move into three positions, but I cannot make out what it is for. (I know!).

Sponsored Links
Very many thanks, kind sir. As the markings are no longer visible, I presume that the middle setting is "timed" but which is top and bottom, please?

Sponsored Links
Very many thanks, kind sir. As the markings are no longer visible, I presume that the middle setting is "timed" but which is top and bottom, please?

top = on

middle = timed

bottom = off

download the MIs from Vokera`s website FOC ;)

Vokera must be one of the most installed combi`s in Glasgow KP,

then again the Scottish dept is in Shuna St in Maryhill!!! must have had some real good salesmen/reps back in the 80s ;)

PM on way shortly

We don't need to anymore. As there now bred with their left legs shorter then their right legs, we just wait until they run around the hill and then catch them as they pass by. (Honestly!)

remember seeing the cartoons in the sunday post years ago :LOL:

3644843401_0c7c42e541.jpg
;)

Back again gents. Locally recommended (corgi/safegas) boiler service done today and (as I feared) he located a fault with the domestic water supply not always heating (or kicking-in) when the hot tap is turned on. It does heat when CH is on though. Now awaiting quote for a Vokera Water Service Kit (if one can be found) but engineer also said that (given age of boiler i.e. 12/13 years) we might get away with only replacing the Domestic Diaphram. Would welcome your expert comments on this, please and also what you consider to be a fair price for installation over a (proposed) 1.5 hours visit. Many thanks in advance.

Mon the Gers!!!

Bob that's often the case and it certainly sounds as if your chap knows his onions.

We charge £45/hour + vat in the Glasga area, which is about the going rate for any Gas Safe RGI. Some may be more some may be less.

Back again gents. Locally recommended (corgi/safegas) boiler service done today and (as I feared) he located a fault with the domestic water supply not always heating (or kicking-in) when the hot tap is turned on. It does heat when CH is on though. Now awaiting quote for a Vokera Water Service Kit (if one can be found) but engineer also said that (given age of boiler i.e. 12/13 years) we might get away with only replacing the Domestic Diaphram. Would welcome your expert comments on this, please and also what you consider to be a fair price for installation over a (proposed) 1.5 hours visit. Many thanks in advance.

there IS a service kit, which includes dhw diaphragm, pump proving diaphgram, new shuttle and 3xglands, not got part number to hand, but it is readily available, as are all parts for the Excell. will pop part number in later on, if DP doesnt beat me to it

IMHO after a proper service, the excell is pretty bulletproof

if your RGI comes away with any crap about not being able to get parts, show him the door ;)

edit, sevice kit part no T0019

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back