Hotpoint Dishwasher FDW60

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hoping someone can help
For a couple of days my dishwasher sounded like a coffee perculator, then stopped working and Eco and Fast lights started flashing. I understand from ringing Hotpoint this is a Blockage, pump connections or module? It drains the water and starts the cycle then stops with water again in the bottom so I presume it isnt blocked....?
Can anyone give advice on how to check and where the pump connections, module is?
Like everyone if I can do it myself and save a bit of cash that would be BRILLIANT!

THanks everyone
Emma.

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
looks like glass/china in the pump .tip mc on the left hand side remove base 6 screws and follow the drain hose to the pump , 1 screw on the pump twist off and look inside .

Thanks for your reply. I have taken the pump apart and checked the waste pipe both of which are clear. What I think is the circulation pump (underneath and slightly to the right of the pump) is very corroded and has leaked onto the base plate. As the machine is stopping when the spray arms should be going round could it be that this is the problem??

Many Thanks

Emma :D

the circulation pump is a big pump in the middle with a spring coil on the end of it that sprays water around .at the end of that is a small slot fit a screw driver in it does it turn round ,the discharge pump is to the left of that .can you flick the impellor round on the small pump once the pipes are off .yes it will be clear but glass /china will jam up on the small pump on the impellor.

Sponsored Links

Hi again!

This picture isnt my dishwasher but this is exactly how it looks. The impellor was moving ok when I took the small pump off.
You mention putting a screw driver into a slot is that on the other pump and at which end, there is a metal coil at the bottom end of it.

Thanks alot
Emma. :oops:

yes the rusty looking one it should turn freely if not you need a new one .

yes the rusty looking one it should turn freely if not you need a new one .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back