Help! Heatline S30 pressure too high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I'm posting this in the hope some kind soul is logged on tonight and can help (my heating engineer is unavailable till tomorrow).

AND I know NOTHING!

My wife noticed that the pressure was low and used the relief 'thingy' to try to increase the pressure to between 1-2 as per normal.

However, when she did, it shot straight up to almost 4 and now I have no idea how to get it down, so I've turned it off.

No other symptoms - is this ok to use as is overnight or should we just get the jumpers and quilts out?'m guessing this will all be connected!

I should add that we have recently been having problems with the heat exchanger and for the past few days have had intermittant, low pressure hot water - heating is fine - obviously i

Cheers

Bob

Sponsored Links
The pressure relief valve (PRV) should really lift at around 3 bar.....reduce the pressure by bleeding water off from a convenient radiator bleed valve...it takes a while and you may need to lose half a bucket or so but its a boiler friendly way! Reduce the pressure to around 1.5 bar.
Your wife opened the 'filling loop' - the device that forces mains pressure cold water into the central heating system.
John :)

Make sure the filling loop is properly shut before you drain the water from the rad, or you will be there a looooooong time.

Wow!

Thanks guys. Interestingly a quick bleed of the rads for air did reduce the pressure slightly - I'll do it now to take your advice.

Thanks so much for your help.

Bob

Sponsored Links
And that seems to have worked a treat.

At least that's stopped her indoors running around screaming "We're Doomed" and "She's gonna blow captain!" at the top of her voice!

Thanks again fellas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back