where to purchase from????????

Sponsored Links
hi guys
Thankyou so much for all the replies, im wanting boiler alone, was quoted £690 for the ferroli, i was hoping to spend about £700 max so suggestions around this area are welcome

i also require 30m of 15mm and 30m of 22mm any ideas where are doing decent prices

sorry for being such a pain :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
no discount heating,
we have a plumb centre, green bros, cp supplies, pts, wickes, b&q, focus, erm i think thats it.

whats your thoughts on gloworm flexicom vs ultracom?? as these come in price range

this also looks good, not heard awt bad about these yet

AVANTA 28C COMBI BOILER C/W FILLING LOOP (PT NO 34801000)
(A RATED)
£570.00 EX VAT
free horizontal flue included :)

i may have some cash left over for a magnaclean ;)

thankyous clicked to you all.

im still unsure which one to choose. . . i just want to choose the right one for my budget :confused:

once i have all materials i will search for an installer, a neighbour/friend is a gas engineer and works for bg but he cant fit it as he doesnt have own gassafe so he is making sure i have all parts required so when i get somone they can walk streight in and all mateials will be ready and waiting and all he has to do is fit

I would strongly suggest you find an installer that is willing to work th at way, before you buy the gear; you will find it rather difficult, and the stuff could be sitting in the garage for months, waiting to be nicked.

once i have all materials i will search for an installer, a neighbour/friend is a gas engineer and works for bg but he cant fit it as he doesnt have own gassafe so he is making sure i have all parts required so when i get somone they can walk streight in and all mateials will be ready and waiting and all he has to do is fit

The Broag Avanta which you have quoted may be the ECO version which doesn't have the long guarantee. It is £100 less than the Plus version which has the longer guarantee (whatever that actually is).

There are certain parts on any boiler which within 5 years will cause a breakdown. Such as the ignition electrode, because of the environment which it works in.

Considering the cost of manufacturers' spares these days are atsronomical when you buy a boiler with a good guarantee what you are actually doing is buying the spares it will almost certainly need in 5 years, at a discount for paying up front.

With band A boilers it is not unusual to need a compressor within 5 years which would cost perhaps £150 plus fitting.

It is most definately false economy to buy cheap. If you cannot stretch the extra £100 however then I would recommend the Eco version Avanta boiler you have found. Or you could go middle for diddle with the 24C whjich has the long guarantee (whatever that is) and is betwixed the other two in price.

I will get shot down in flames, but for a cheap boiler the Biasi is very reliable. I would sooner have a Biasi than a Ferroli. The Mr Central Heating . com Sabre is a Vokera rebadged, but it has a flaw in the design the diverter valve is horisontal, so debris (which all systems contain no matter how well flushed and magnacleaned) pools around a seal. I had a customer who needed a new motor head pcb and diverter valve cartridge as a result after 2.5 yrs. Parts cost £300, just outside warrantie. (No I didn't fit it) It was brick dust which caused it from the original install.

So beware the quality of install. Does he cover his pipes? Does he cover top of boiler if doing any more work above it?

Sometimnes I have turned up to fix boilers when I took the outer case off half a house load of muck and rubble fell out.

If that happens via the flu opening to a band A boiler you can kiss goodbye to the whole boiler along with any guarantee.

Quality and conscienciousness of installer are paramount. There is a lot of rubbish out there.

The Broag Avanta which you have quoted may be the ECO version which doesn't have the long guarantee. It is £100 less than the Plus version which has the longer guarantee (whatever that actually is).
You are the second person who has referred to an "ECO" version. There is nothing on the Broag-Remeha's domestic website. There are "ECO" boilers listed on their Commercial website, but these are mostly high output boilers.

Can someone tell me where I can read about the "ECO" domestic boilers?

I had to ask the question on the cumbustion chamber it is on an MKM (builders merchants oop north) price list about £100 less than the plus.

On the CC the answer I got "It doesn't come with a fixing jig, only a hanging bracket, valves are fixed directly to appliance and piped up from there. And as mentioned 2 year warranty, and complete white front panel."

But if the £100 can be afforded today it might save £250 by year five.

The manufacturers 5 year guarantee is the cheapest breakdown contract you can buy.

In the last fortnight I have srcapped two boilers less than four years old for customers one because a critical component was "obsolete" and the other because of the parts cost. On a cheap boiler within 5 years of it's life the parts cost to repair can exceed it's initial cost.

It has always been that way, cheap boilers are a sprat to catch a mackeral.

the Mackeral is good revenue selling parts which cost the manufacturers £20 and they sell out for £160.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back