fixing external UPVC side window panel frames to upvc door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My hubbie is about to fix our new front door. He's successfully replaced all the other windows, french doors etc but appears to be struggling with this task - I thought it might prove quicker to ask an expert as opposed for him to continue cursing and throwing things.

The frame has come in 3 pieces - a frame each for the two side glass panels and the door. Our house is a 1960 dorma bungalow - no lintels/fixing points above any of the window or door openings. How should he fix the frames together - there are no fixings with the pack that he has been supplied with except those to fix the frames to the brickwork? I hope this makes sense?

Sponsored Links
If I'm reading it right, normally there should a metal box section inside the frame ( you can test this by taking out the DG unit and drill a small hole) then you just self tap it together, the 1st hole will need be slightly bigger to allow the self tapping screw inside the box section. Have done some but mostly are all difference :rolleyes: Some of them clip in together with a middle profile or flat metal bracket at top and bottom depending on the type of frame you have, a photo might help us

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back