Extension to Victorian Terrace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a standard victorian terrace house, which has an L-shaped bit at the back where the kitchen extends out from the rest of the property. I want to extend the kitchen to the side towards the neighbours property (and to the back of the dining room) to make one big kitchen diner.

---------|
| Kitch | :
| | :
| ----------
| |
| Dining |
| Room |

I was basically thinking of making a doorway through where the window is in the dining room and taking down part of the external side wall of the kitchen then adding to the rear of the dining room/side of kitchen a glass roof and french doors (kind of half a conservatory) inbetween the kitchen and the next door property.

I was wondering if anyone had done an extension like this and would be able to give me a ball park for what I could expect it to cost and whether there are any issues with building up to a neighbouring properties wall.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
So @ 5 m2 in total you're looking at approx £5K with a bit extra prob for him to set up on site etc etc. You will need to build your new wall away from the existing party wall and have a gap. Building using the party wall can be more hassle than its worth. Its not very clear to be honest exactly what you're wishing to do, can you not do a simple sketch & take a photo then add it to the thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back