Baxi Solo 30/4pf Ignition Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi this is my 1st ever post on here so please be gentle with me.

I have a Baxi Solo 30/4pf boiler and just recently it has taken to not firing up properly.

The pilot light works fine but it only lights one row of the main burner jets and then goes on to make the kitchen smell of gas.

Now if i go outside and put my hand over the flu pipe for 2 seconds this brings the other rows of burnet jets into opperation. And all seems well but the flames do look a little weak.

I only have to do this on initial fire up as it works fine when the boiler is hot.

The pilot injector and the gas valve have been replaced recently

This is not a major problem i just cant trust the boiler to come on on its own when i am not in the house

Any advice on this would be much appreciated

Regards Carl

Sponsored Links
Get the engineer who changed the gas valve back ,not a great situation to have a smell of gas when boiler is on.

Sponsored Links
Would strongly advise you to get an rgi out sooner rather than later . You can sort the money thing out with the plumber when an rgi has fixed the fault .

sounds like you been done twice over!
1. gas valve has probably not been adjusted properly
2. gas valves on these rarely fail, often it is the actuator that fails and these are available seperately.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back