Price for re-tiling and flash 3mx1m roof over bay window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Our next-door neighbours have been having a load of work done including re-tiling and flashing the porch type roof which goes over our 2 ground level ajoining bay windows. I was away when they did it but next door has said that the roofer has said he will come back and do our half for £250.

We had always planned to do this job ourselves at at some point (as a few of the tiles are cracked (next doors new tiles are about 2x the thickness) and at present there is no flashing - just an ugly rendered 'hump'). But we have plenty of other jobs to keep us occupied and (having never done any real roofing B4) are wondering if it would be worth paying someone to do.

The roof is just a plain 3x1m rectangle in clay tiles. Would this be an reasonable price??

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If it is a true 'bay' then it will require 300mm fibreglass insulation and breathable membrane or vents.

Are all the clay tiles being replaced with new clay tiles?

Is it hip ended or gable?

I guess the rainwater has been dealt with?

Thanks for the advice about the membrane and insulation, next door didn't mention what they did on hers so I will ask if the quote includes that.

The tiles will be replaced with new clay tiles.

It is gable ended.

We had the gutters and soffits done a couple of years back so nothing should need doing there.

Thank you for the reply!

Sponsored Links
I think the price is reasonable and you have the advantage of seeing the type of work the roofer has done at close hand,i would get the roofer to go ahead with the work and you can get on with the other jobs.
Cheers
Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back