ford Focus central locking problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a 51 plate 2.0 ghia 5 door. i can use the key fob and lock and unlock all the doors with no problem but if i use the key it only locks or un locks the door the key is in. if inside the car and i operate the lock switch under the handle, the other doors do not lock or unlock. my sister in law has a y plater and hers is same with the addition of not working on remote either. is there a common fault with these cars and hopefully a common (Cheap) repair

Sponsored Links
Have you tried inserting the key, turn it to the left, and then to the right?

Wotan

thank you for replying, yes i have tried turning key both ways but it just locks door with key in and does not seem to dead lock as indicators do not flash.

yes its a common problem the central locking is the same on my connect.
it took 7 garages 6 years to sort mine out!!

as you are in dorset avoid these bunch of twots

English at Tower park
keith motors at christchurch
lambs at ringwood
hendy at witney road poole

none of them could sort mine out.
finally took it to

hendy at Chandlers Ford who actually managed to sort it.

Sponsored Links
hi, what did the common fault turn out to be? was it expensive once the fault was found?

they never found it!!

in the end i lost the key fob and that forced them to replace the whole unit around £60 for the part.

Thank you for the info, i will try ringing Hendy at Chandlers ford to see if they have a suggestion

Have you tried the remote locking receiver? This is located on the right above the accelerator pedal,its a box with a blue and a green plug. disconnect both plugs and leave while you have a cuppa,reconnect and this should solve the problem. Just done it myself and ended a few weeks of frustration having to manually lock.

has it started doing this, or has it always done it?

On my car if you lock with the remote, it deadlocks, and using a key only unlocks the door the key is in, if locked with a key the C/l works as it should.

Thanks for the advice, my problem is a little different in tha the car can be locked and un locked via the remote but the manual central locking does not work, any ideas?

thanks for advice i will try after work as it won't hurt and might work. i did tell my sister in law to try on her car as she is totally reliant on the key. thanks again

tried un plugging the blue and green plugs and left for about 10 mins, i re connected. The fault is not cured however when locked by remote and unlocked by key, although only the door with the key unlocks, on re locking with the key it now deadlocks, so thats an improvement. I did swear when i tried the boot release on the dash and it didn't work, i opened boot with remote and on shutting and running engine briefly to see if that worked ok, the dash release worked again. has anyone got any more ideas, or any rich people out there reading this want to help with the ford repair? ha ha

thanks for tip, do i have to join to ask a question, looks like it as could not read anything without logging in?

Sponsored Links
Back