Help my house is sold!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ideal boiler (europa 28).It is upstairs in the bathroom. The down stairs radiators are not working unless the boiler is nearly on max. The pump is working. I flushed the system with fernox system restore still not working. Reading about the expansion tank needs to be pressered. Emptied mine of water as it was full of crap. Is this my problem?

Sponsored Links
Don't ask us, ask your solicitor, that's his job to deal with legal matters we just fix the heating system.

That is what I want help with!!! :confused: Every boiler repair man that has looked at it goes "Its your heat exchanger love" like i am an idiot!!!!!!
Even the `IDEAL` man when I told him,and proved to him, that it was the low water pressure switch that had gone one time.
I am hoping to be able to repair it before I move else it will be a huge bill for repair or new boiler.( Europa 28) 7 rads+towel rad.
Help please!!!!!!!

not sure what your saying.

Rads upstairs get hot but not downstairs :?: so turn boiler up and they work.

circulation problem.

Sponsored Links
The Europa is the biggest box of shi#e ever produced!!!!!
It will be the diverter valve, the wax capsule is stuffed.

Kev they are really bad. Plastic cases? expansion vessel laying on the front. water pressure switch with a silly plastic thread. Diverter valves cheap and nasty. No drain off on the boiler. The list is endless- an import boiler sold through Grahams. Thankfully no longer produced.

Ridcully you need to replace the diverter valve- be prepared to slice your fingers to pieces though.

Thanks BDL totally concur with the heap of sh#ite statement. Thing is some idiot in Grahams actually recommended the soddin thing.
Any one know how much the divertor valve will cost?

If you send me an email I can supply you one.

A big thank you to BDL for his advice and help which solved my heating problem. :D Divertor valve fitted and boiler now working properly :D :D :D . Can now move house with a clear(ish) conscience.

Was asked specifically if it was working. Could have made it work by running on max (that idea was suggested to me) :!: :!: , but my conscience wouldnt let me do that, hence the panic to get it working. If it couldnt be fixed I would have replaced before moving. I am not into ripping people off.

Cheers Kev :D. what is really honest is you folks giving advice. Help lines will not HELP unless you are Corgied :!: :!:. If I hadnt found this site my repair bills would be huge..
heat exchanger(some plumbers favourite)
power flush
pump
stats.
The list could go on and on and on...............

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back