water on wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the side of my house, a damp patch in the form of a vertical line from the roof to the ground has appeared. It doesn't seem to dry out just got bigger over the past few days as we have had heavy rainfall, although the rest of the wall is dry. I don't know where it's come from as there is no overflow pipe near this damp patch and the guttering above doesn't appear to be leaking? There is a tall tree nearby, would this have anything to do with it? Could leaves have blocked a section of the guttering causing water to spill over? I don't know? Please help?

Sponsored Links
sounds like your gutter frazzel! maybe the outlet choked with leaves.

you should get your gutters cleaned annually once the trees have finished shedding their leaves.

sounds like your gutter frazzel! maybe the outlet chocked with leaves.

you should get your gutters cleaned annually once the trees have finished shedding their leaves.
Many many thanks for that, a great help. Gutters haven't been looked at for about 16years. :D [/quote]

Sponsored Links
They`ll be full of leaf mould . bag it and sell it off :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back