Counter Batten #fashion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason the bottoms of the counter battens on our 1970s semi have been cut away allowing the first row of tiles to droop. It looks like its been done evenly on both sides of the gable roof.

I had a quick look around the area and can't see it's been done to other similar build houses in the area.

Can anyone suggest why this might have been done.

Sponsored Links
+1 theres lots about like that and it looks 'orribleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Well this is definately a retro fit after the building was completed and if the facier or gutters were replaced some time, I reckon they were replaced with something identical.

Dunno whether to get it fixed or if that opens another can or worms.

Sponsored Links
The problem is mainly cosmetic so long as the drooping is not too excessive causing the lugs to unseat from the batten, or admitting any small animals! :eek:

I agree with Chukka it does look pants and on this reason alone i would get it fixed.

Thanks to all.

I've a roofer coming over on Friday anyway so I'll talk it over with him. Some arse has used gas fitters tape instead of flashing around the chimney. Guess what ... it didn't work, there's a leak.

I'd love to track down the previous owners new house to see what sort of pigs ear they've made of it :eek:

I've also got a leaking skylight. Probably the same cowboy who took out the old boiler filled the hole left by the gas flu with a Victorian skylight. Suspect I'll replace it with a B&Q £85 quid one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back