Zanussi- drum not spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Zanussi aquacycle 1000 which we think we've broken due to overloading. Basically during a cycle the drum will start to spin anti clockwise, but when it changes and spins clockwise the belt comes off.Any advice you could offer would be much appreciated, thanks!

Sponsored Links
for a drive belt to come off that usually means something is stopping the inner drum from moving, since you did say you have overloaded it, i would guess it is a sock stuck between the two drums.

see if you can spin the inner drum by hand freely in both directions.

ps how old is m/c?

Thankyou for getting back to me so quickly! We've had machine for about a year and half now. I've just tried spinning the drum by hand and there is some resitance but I can spin it anti clockwise, but I can't spin clockwise. I'm sorry to sound dumb, but if it is a sock suck between the two drums how would I go about getting it out?

its doubtfull you will get it out.

you could try putting m/c on its back remove pump pipe and see if you can get it out,(that was how i used to do it) if not send for repair engineer and watch him take m/c apart

Sponsored Links
you are too fast for me kevplumb

I was searching for a recent thread which mentioned this problem with plumbers and washing machine repairs to quote from

Looked again - there you are with the same response

:D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back