Pressurised Central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am having a issue with my central heating system at the moment. I havent had it on before since I only moved in in May this year so I'm not entirely sure how it works. I have a pressurised system with the hot water beign heated by a storage tank with immersion heaters and the central heating being taken care of by an Electroheat Amptec system. When I put the hot water on the heat gets through to the pipes as the pipe on the bottom left of the radiator gets warm but no heat passes into the radiators. I have turned the valve to fully open (anticlockwise) and still nothing happens. The valve on the other side is also fully open.

Any ideas whats wrong? I dont seem to be able to get any of the radiators to heat up.

Kind regards,

Shane Levy

Sponsored Links
Is the pump working? It has possibly siezed if it hasnt been used fot a while. Look at the FAQs for pumps

I had a look at the FAQ's section and couldnt find anything about the pump and the only bit that actually made sense to me was the bit about the pressure vessel and I know that is working as the guage on the front shows the pressure plus it is combined with my hot water system and the pressure on that is fine.

Where would the pump be in my system?

Kind regards and thanks for the reply.

Shane

Look at central heating faq no 13 at bottom of page. You will see a picture of a pump. You will have something that looks similar to that. Try giving it a sharp tap with the heating on( not a whallop)

Sponsored Links
I have had a quick look at it and I havent followed the steps in the faq as I am not allowed to touch it unless it is leaking (part of my contract) but i have put the heating on again and I can hear the pump whirring away.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Shane

Part of your contract? With who?
If you are a tenant just phone your landlord and they can get someone round to sort your problem out!

Yeah I plan to do that if I cant get it sorted myself. I was hoping it was just me being stupid and there would be something I have missed as I cant contact the management company until monday and its a tad chilly here!

Ah well I guess the management company is my easiest option was just hoping it was me being a bit dumb!

Thanks for all the help.

Shane

that means the pump is working.

have you tried unscrewing the TRV heads and checking if pins stuck in the closed positions :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back