Question - wiring Salus RT500RF to Worcester Bosch 37cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Please can somebody in the know confirm wiring of the above?

I have wired boiler to stat:

Ns to N
Ls to Live
Lr to SL (on)

Also I have left the Link in th Salus

The Salus turns on but red only - I increase the temp and the remote device tries to send a signal but the green does not come on and the boiler doesn not come on.

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

Sponsored Links
the salus receiver has a L, N,C and NO

a live feed goes to L

a neutral goes to N

switched live to C

live return to NO

Thanks for the reply.

The boiler only has 3 outputs N L and S, I've read somewhere about doubling up?

not overly familiar with WB wiring,

the live to the receiver can come from the live to the boiler

the neutral to the receiver can come from the neutral to the boiler

boiler Lr to C

boiler Ls to NO

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

The boiler only has 3 outputs N L and S, I've read somewhere about doubling up?
The boiler has L, N and earth, which you could use to feed your stat. The switch wires from the stat connect to Ls and Lr on the boiler; either look at the M.I. or check if you see a "bridge" on the connector.
Is there a roomstat at the moment?

Hi, there isn't a room stat at the moment.

I wired the Salus as Glasgowgas advised above.

I connected the live from live in

Neutral to Ns

The bridge/link was removed from both the Salus and boiler

Unfortunately it still did not move from red, I've disconnected it all now and put the link back in the boiler to get the heat back on.

I've reset the Salus several times and also tried changing the channel from 5 to 4.

I'll have another go tomorrow!

wire your salus receiver live and neutral into a cable, put it on a plug, bung it into a socket

with the prog roomstat right beside the receiver, set the prog to run,

if green light does not come on,on your receiver, your Salus is goosed, take back to supplier for exchange

if green light does come on, make sure there is nothing blocking the wireless connection, when you have it mounted in its finished position

what difference does it make if the salus is connected to the Ns and Ls ?I thought both would be "live" if the boiler is switched on.

Hi,

I actually woke up thinking the N should go to N (power in on the boiler)
and not the Ns

I don't know if it makes a difference going to Ns

So I'll have another go and post back later - thanks for all your help

what difference does it make if the salus is connected to the Ns and Ls ?I thought both would be "live" if the boiler is switched on.
The way I read it, the stat is fed from L and Ns, instead of L and N.

Well I changed the stat feed to L and N still no joy!

I'm not a sparky but don't you need L and N to get power - ie the red light should not have come on if the Ns wasn't a N?

I tried as Glasgowgas suggested wiring to a plug and I can't get the unit to get a green light, the wireless unit is getting a flame on which is supposed to turn the green light on

Oh well, maybe I should have gone with the honeywell!

I'm not impressed that there isn't an over ride type function either, so if the stat failed (well it'd have to work first) you have to open the boiler to put the link/bridge back in.

Hi

Please can somebody in the know confirm wiring of the above?

I have wired boiler to stat:

Ns to N
Ls to Live
Lr to SL (on)

Also I have left the Link in th Salus

The Salus turns on but red only - I increase the temp and the remote device tries to send a signal but the green does not come on and the boiler doesn not come on.

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

this is correct, check that the wires are making contact (you havent screwed on to the insulation ;) )easy thing to do :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back