Electric Supply for Built In Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of switching from a gas cooker to a gas hob and electric oven (Electrolux EOC6630). All I have is an ordinary 15amp circuit in the kitchen. Will I need to install a 30amp supply or can I plug them into the existing circuitry.

Sponsored Links
Providing the oven is lesss than 3kw, you will be able to plug it in, but there will not be much capacity left on the circuit for anything else, for example, you couldn't cook a chicken and boil the kettle at the same time.

What is the rating of your oven?, then you can be advised of the most appropiate way to proceed

RoyH said:
All I have is an ordinary 15amp circuit in the kitchen.
It's been a long time since 15A radials for socket circuits were "ordinary" - how old is your wiring?

ban-all-sheds said:
RoyH said:
It's been a long time since 15A radials for socket circuits were "ordinary" - how old is your wiring?

I wish to install new lamp with a 60W bulb in my porch and I was wondering if I can do it myself or do I have to get an electrician.

Sponsored Links
Young man said:
ban-all-sheds said:
RoyH said:

I wish to install new lamp with a 60W bulb in my porch and I was wondering if I can do it myself or do I have to get an electrician.
You have to get an electrician.

It is illegal to DIY - ask the PartPWizard - he knows all the answers.

ban-all-sheds said:
Young man said:
ban-all-sheds said:
RoyH said:

You have to get an electrician.

It is illegal to DIY - ask the PartPWizard - he knows all the answers.
:D
But you need to be an addict to get the joke.
:D

My PP doc mentions not porches as notifiable. Am I missing something?

As I understand it, lighting attached to the house, even outside lighting is non-notifiable as long as cables do not traverse gardens to reach their destination.

RoyH said:
I'm thinking of switching from a gas cooker to a gas hob and electric oven (Electrolux EOC6630). All I have is an ordinary 15amp circuit in the kitchen. Will I need to install a 30amp supply or can I plug them into the existing circuitry.

The "Electrolux EOC6630" Is a 3kw oven, So You Have Two Options:-

1) Install a New 30a Ring Circuit In The Kitchen, So You Can Plug The Oven Into a Socket, And Have Capacity Left For Other Appliances, (ie Kettle, Fridge, Toaster Etc)

2) Install a New Dedicated 15a/20a Radial Circuit For The New Oven,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back