Damp in apex of rafters ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Whilst clearing out our loft I have noticed a damp patch at the apex of one of the roof trusses. It looks as if there could be a minor leak in the roofing felt but I can't see any gaps through it when I look with a torch.

Can anyone hazard a guess at the likely problem ? For context the roof construction is trussed rafters - early 1980's construction. I've attached a few photos of it.

My best guess was that a ridge tile might be loose - however from outside nothing seems to be seriously out of place.

I'm concerned of possible structural problems with the roof if I don't get this sorted quickly.

Any ideas about what might be wrong or the best first step in finding out would be greatly appreciated

John

Sponsored Links
It is probably nothing more than a cracked or badly mortared joint on the ridge, coupled with a bodged hole in the felt.

Unlucky for the two to coincide but stuff happens!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back