Shower Tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I hope someone can give me advice on this !!!

I have recently installed a ceramic showertray in the corner of a new bathroom.

I have cemented it in and tiled the walls and floors and was feeling very pleased with myself. But then - a problem.

I have forgotten to tighten up the shower trap and water is ****ing out, i can't get in to tighten it up.

I am thinking of calling a plumber - any suggestions before I do ?

Sponsored Links
Unless you can get in readily from the room below - and I can't imagine why that might be a real possibilty unless the ceiling below has now fallen down - the choice is either to go in yourself, removing tiles etc, or if you are squeamish about wrecking your work, you get someone else to do it for you. It's pain either way.

Sponsored Links
Hey guys

thanks very much for your advice - although none of it is very useful as i don't want to trash the wall / tiles / floor i have spent 2 weeks putting together !!

Also - as the tray is cemented down i dont reckon I can get it back out again without smashing it up.

I reckon i could grind a hole in the tray and fill it back up with epoxy car filler.

Has anyone ever taken this approach - will it work or am i wasting my time ??

only one way to do a job.

Properly.

besides, what if you need access at a later date?

is the tray on first or ground floor? what sort of floor is it? Is it a suspened floor or concrete?

if you have bought a proper shower trap they can be tightened from the top if not :rolleyes: y

I reckon i could grind a hole in the tray and fill it back up with epoxy car filler. :LOL:

The tray is on suspended floor, battons and then inch of marine ply.

Can't get in from underneath because there are loads of pipes running from the boiler.

I had a go at breaking a hole through the bedroom wall - made a real mess and think i now need advice on how to plaster. Still can't reach the trap.

However - I have had a brainwave which i think i will try before i rip down walls, floor and tray.

Now i have made a hole in bedroom wall I could spray expanding foam around trap and then seal it up with loads of silicone from the outlet of the tray (really squidge it in like !!)

Many thanks to you all for advice - its my first go at anything like this and my wife is near to divorce over it all - unsupportive bitch !!

Will it be your last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a good way to learn, pity it had to be on this type of project.

Gives plenty to talk about down the pub though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back