self employed business insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm starting my own electrics and intruder alarm business and was wondering if anyone recommends an insurance company for my public liability etc etc.......................... or maybe suggests an insurance company to avoid!!!!

Any advice would be helpful - thanks

Sponsored Links
A good place to start would be these guys.

Good service and a good price

http://insurance-for-business.co.uk/index.htm
Avoid like the plague

A quick buck scheme owned by British Gas.
Make their prices up as the go along.

Neither do they cover you as standard for the relevant sections specific to the Security industry.

Safest option to start looking at would be Camberford Law. And don't take their first quote either, tell them to sharpen their pencil.

thanks guys - thats a similar comparison site to one i already looked at. Simply business i think it was called - both sites said finsbury insurance gave best quote so at least they showed up the same results.

thanks again

thanks guys - thats a similar comparison site to one i already looked at. Simply business i think it was called - both sites said finsbury insurance gave best quote so at least they showed up the same results.

thanks again
Just remember, bog standard tradesman insurance is not sufficient. Contrary to what some may say.
The devil, as always, is in the detail.

Sponsored Links
My Policy came up with Groupamara as the underwriter. Around £80 a year
See post above. You're looking at the wrong policy.
If only it was so cheap.
The OP wants insurance for Alarm/security industry. The one you suggest is NOT the correct one.

SISS are the trade insurers - I`ll post contact details tommorow.

SISS are the trade insurers - I`ll post contact details tommorow.
One of them. They too lie like a cheap naafi seiko.
Tried to claim minimum premium in our industry is £1k.
Took the huff when my broker told them where to go.

I went to a local indipendant insurance broker, got my insurance for £98 a year. exactly the same price as last year. They did the shopping around for me.

I went with simply business and groupama was the cheapest, they cover product liability as well.

You can see my policy bottom of my website (see profile) see if its what you need

I went with simply business and groupama was the cheapest, they cover product liability as well.

You can see my policy bottom of my website www.electrifire.co.uk see if its what you need
But doesn't that just cover Employers liability Tony?
What about all the various other areas needed, especially in the work you do?

No its £2m Public Liability, £10m Employer Liability cant remember the exact figure for efficacy think its £2m we pay around £X00

have a look at directline, they were offering some very good deals when i was sorting out insurance. couldnt use them as they didnt do hired in plant, but for a no frills trade insurance they were very cheap

Is what it is, cant actually comment on how good an insurance company is until you need to claim

No its £2m Public Liability, £10m Employer Liability cant remember the exact figure for efficacy think its £2m we pay around £400

too cheap ............. way too cheap

disagree entirely. i had about 15 different quotes when we did ours. the public liability and employers liability was the cheap part and all came in around that mark. Thats with 3 employees as well. it was the other elements that shot the price up

Sponsored Links
Back