CENTRAL HEATING NOT WORKING UNLESS HOT WATER ON

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
can you help, my central heating wont work unless the hot water is switched on at the same time,
Also i only get some of the radiators on and not all, some being ice cold still.. not to sure wether it is the mid position actuator that has broke.
if so.. is it easy to replace by draining the system down and do i need to turn of the hot water aswell?..

Thanks Pjr

Sponsored Links
we have a oil fired central heating system, boiler works fine, hot water works fine when switched on,
but when you switch the central heating on it wont come on on its own, you have to switch the hot water on with it, then when the boiler has kicked in, go up to the aering cupboard to push the switch in on the back of the mid position actuator to get the central heating moving as it wont work on its own accord... we have an ikon 3 port mid position acctuator which i believe is causing the problem..
hope this is a bit more info for you.. thanks, PJR.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back