Water hammer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A while ago,the water board uprated the mains water supply pipes in our area. And as a result we enjoyed more water pressure (great for the hosepipe)..But this has led to the problem of water hammer when i turn my Mira 415 shower to certain positions...it doesn't happen with any other tap in the house...So is it a problem with the shower mixer ? if so can it be repaired ? or should i fit either a pressure reducing valve (and where)..or one of those blank ended copper pipe thingys? (again where)....the hammer is very bad depending on where the shower control is positioned and i'm worried it may damage something....Thanks in advance...Bill

Sponsored Links
do you know what the mains pressure is ?

if i remember 5 bar is max for theis mixer

We are having loads of this in Goole at the moment and are installing over ten shock resistors a week.
But apparently over here its due to when they changed everyone to meters they had a bad batch where the non return valve was failing.
People phone up daily stating that when they flush the toilet their boiler is firing up!!

Sponsored Links
Not sure what my pressure is at the moment, i'm going to try and rig up a pressure gauge and measure it...I'll post my findings......Bill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back