Connecting an exposed shower mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a chrome exposed shower mixer set.

As per usual it has quite vague instructions!!! The incoming supply fittings appear to be designed to be connected either straight through the wall backwards(?) or from below. ultimately this needs to couple inside a stud wall to speedfit piping.

I just wanted opinion on the best option to go about final connections, bearing in mind the "tails" are chrome - are there any special exposed elbows for example?

secondly the exposed pipe to the shower head, can this be shortened? If i did would it cause any problems with corrosion etc?

I am currently at work and have forgotten the exact model of mixer I have, if it is important I can post tonight

Sponsored Links
I just wanted opinion on the best option to go about final connections, bearing in mind the "tails" are chrome - are there any special exposed elbows for example?

if its chrome use compression

secondly the exposed pipe to the shower head, can this be shortened? If i did would it cause any problems with corrosion etc?

yes it can be shortened without any probs ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back