Noise bars on CCTV screens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, If that is the right term for them, How do I get rid of them , I presume they are caused by interferance, they vary from solid black bars, to light grey, at different times of the day but not consistant for me to pin point what could be the cause,
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Earth problem. Or possibly equipment on different phases with different earth potential (if commercial site).

Try and isolate the offending camera from ALL earth sources. Swap camera to see if fault moves (wouldn't expect it to.)

If that fails, fit Humbug.

Thanks olbas , Its a PCDVR4Net System made by Swann
What is Humbug and where from

Thanks olbas , Its a PCDVR4Net System made by Swann
What is Humbug and where from
A humbug is a device for isolating the earth problems. Various types available - at various prices. Not usually found at the typical retail outlets.
With all due respect, with the kit you've got, i'd try resolve the cause of the problem first - that applies to any kit/problem.

Sponsored Links
Are the cams. low voltage ie 12 or 24 volts powered by a mains power supply ?

If so it could be the power supply at fault

Ok thanks. I seem to be getting there at the moment I only have 2 cameras connected, the problem is worse on one camera than the other, each camera has its own power adaptor 12volt

When i change power adaptors over, the sevarity of the noise bars changes over to the other camera as well.

Is it likely to be the power adaptors or the mains as there don't seem to be any earth connection to the power adaptors

Is it likely to be the power adaptors or the mains as there don't seem to be any earth connection to the power adaptors
Errr, i think you'll find there is! If not, best you get a sparkie in pronto.
The problem is not the PSU, but an earthing issue.
You're referring (as i understand it) to a class 2 psu.

Errr, i think you'll find there is! If not, best you get a sparkie in pronto.
The problem is not the PSU, but an earthing issue.
You're referring (as i understand it) to a class 2 psu.

Swan is Maplins own brand IIRC composite cables as well - swop the TX for a new one and make sure your cables are kept well away from any mains.

Earth problem. Or possibly equipment on different phases with different earth potential (if commercial site).

Try and isolate the offending camera from ALL earth sources. Swap camera to see if fault moves (wouldn't expect it to.)

If that fails, fit Humbug.

agree~~

When i change power adaptors over, the sevarity of the noise bars changes over to the other camera as well
the noise moves with the psu (faulty psu) as mints73 said.

Hi mate change the 12v power supply for a new one on the camera that is the worst or just remove the psu on the camera that has the most amount of noise on it and the others should clear up.(diss the psu from mains and camera).Have had similar problems with cheap psu's on a site with over 180 camera's was a bitch to find.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back