Switching off a socket from inside a cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a double socket in my hall where my xmas tree is plugged in, it is a spur that comes from my cupboard , i want to put an unswitched faceplate on it and be able to switch it on and off from inside the cupboard to stop my 2 year old switching it off all the time.

What kind of switch should i buy?

thanks

Sponsored Links
I want to put an unswitched faceplate on it and be able to switch it on and off from inside the cupboard to stop my 2 year old switching it off all the time.
Seems a bit excessive for a few days use this year and you'll probably not need it next. How about fitting one of these, far easier Socket Cover

Sponsored Links
Wow! I've not seen a old style twin volex socket with neons for some years :LOL:
Indeed! it could be even older than the ceramic tiles around it. It's nice to see that the childs grandparents are making sure that their home is child friendly ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back