Potterton Suprima 100 - lights with a bang (occasionally)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Suprima 100. Occasionally (maybe once a month, could be more, could be less), it lights with a bang, burns really noislily for a few seconds, then shuts down. It usually then relights ok at that point (although once it did repeat the nosiy ignition/burning). Three engineers have so far not been able to come up with a solution. Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You have explosive ignition.

You need a competent gas engineer familiar with this model.

Try Heateam.

we had a couple of these the fault proved to be a leaking burner bar

Had another instance of explosive ignition this morning. Boiler started as usual, and then ran for perhaps 20 minutes. I then heard the gas valve close, and then a second or two later opened again, at which point there was the bang. There did not seem to be enough time for the shutdown/startup sequence to run properly. It then ran fine until shutdown by the thermostat.

My question is what could cause the boiler to stop and start again ? I don't think it was the external controls.

I do have someone looking at this, but it is so intermittent that any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Decided I'd had enough and got Heateam out today. New PCB assembly and a visit by Nationalgrid to replace the regulator. The whole startup sequence is a lot quieter. Fingers crossed we've nailed the fault, else they'll be back Monday.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back