SMEG INDUCTION HOBS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
our SMEG Induction Hob has developed a fault, well my wife and I think it has, in as much that the Hob elements cycle On & Off every 5 seconds except when selecting the Max setting 9! We have had an engineer out and SMEG are being very unhelpful! Knowone seems willing to state that the Hob is designed this way and for some reason we have only just noticed, doubtful!

My wife says this cycling On & Off can't be right as she can't simmer food as we used to on our old SMEG hob!

I belive that Induction hobs have a temperature sensor to protect the unit if overheating occurs, but this does not explain why every ring is is being regulated unless this sensor is faulty?

If anyone out there has a Induction Hob, please check if yours cycles On and Off like ours and kindly let me know.

Thanks

Rees Marshall

Sponsored Links
yes this right it does cycle every 5 secs all induction hobs do it its just the light you see underneath its still hot .to simmer should be on 2 or 3 .l

Thanks for your response, but what do you mean by " its just the light you see underneath its still hot"?

All of our elements cycle when on 1-8 and not on 9.

Not ALL Induction Hobs cycle On and Off as our previous SMEG did not!

RM

Sponsored Links
Hi, The fault you describe is similar to one we have- when we have more than one element on, one of the elements starts pulsing just like you are describing. So we are unable to cook with more than one element.

When running any one of the elements at any power setting is seems to function perfectly. By this I mean you can set it to any power level and the heat is applied constantly (no pulsing). As soon as another element is turned one (at the same time) one of the elements begins to pulse. This is not normal and we have had a service technician out to confirm this.

We have the 3 induction top mode # SE263ID

Smeg service agents replaced a controller part but that did not fix the problem. They now want to take it away for further assessment...

It is time for you to contact SMEG.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back