New shape volkswagen caddy van

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just wondered if any of you tradsesmen, especially plumbers, have any experience with these? are they reliable? well put together? i see they only come in 1.9/2.0 litre. what mpg are you getting?

Sponsored Links
ive got one, just a lowly 1.9 sdi. it gets a very hard life from me and its not broken down....yet.

it had a starting issue a while back but i ignored it and it sorted itself. :LOL:

the seats, in true VW style, are ****e.

i get about 300-350 miles to a full tank but i absolutely thrash it, you could get 400+ if you drove like your gran.

Sponsored Links
its a british gas van.

its ok ...would have preferred a TDI rather than the penny pinching and very slow SDI.

as a van its ok, decent load space even with BG's **** racking system in the back and their crappy aftermarket lock system. its a nice van to drive if you ignore the ****e seats.

best BG van i had was a vauxhall combo....unbelievable i know but it was quicker, handled better and was better laid out......blew the gearbox on it though.

yep. Think i'll get a combo as driven several before and as you say, they're really good alround. We used to use the 1.3tdi

hmm, that sounds slower than death in an old folks home.

think mine was a 1.8 diesel, poor off the line but rather good once over 2-3k rpm. load space was probably smaller too.

it does sound slow. But its quicker and more economical than the 1.7 normally aspirated version

When looking around for a van earlier this year, I was looking at all the smaller vans combo,caddy,connect etc.
The smaller van that I nearly bought was the Fiat Doblo.Alright I know Fiats can sometimes be ,shall we say, irksome,but this little van really impressed me.
Great drive and handling and there was quite a bit of room in the back.
Father in law has got the 1.3 diesel and it is very nippy and economical.Think he gets about 40-45 mpg, which is reasonable,considering it is always loaded with gear.
Anyway, I bought a Vivaro LWB in the end as I got it at a snip.
4 Months old, 3500 miles all for 10 grand. Bargain :D :D

thought the vivaro was supposed to be ****e on fuel?

I bought a 2007 combo 1.3 tdi at the auctions, it was 20 months old in good nick, 25k, 1 owner for £2700+vat. Really pleased with its performance & drive.

Have 2 other vans (master & berlingo) and over the years have had everything from a rascal to a sprinter lol

Sponsored Links
Back