Dulux trade voc compliant paints

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My local stockists are now supplying the new 2010 VOC compliant tins of oilbased eggshell.

Has anyone else noticed that touch drying time seems to have increased massively. Additionally when sanding in between coats the surface seems much tackier than previously- meaning that the dust sticks to the surface more.

Thanks Dulux :(

Sponsored Links
I hate the fact that they keep "improving" their paints.

After years of using their acrylic primer I have now had to move to using the johnstones mdf primer because the Dulux primer just clogs my abrasives.

Dulux are losing the plot and getting less of my custom as their prices keep soaring !
Ive started using the Leyland or Johnstones primer too..Good stuff

Sponsored Links
This is a very timely post!

As you will know, new legislation comes in to force on 1st January 2010 that limits the VOC content in paints. All manufacturers have therefore been working hard to ensure that their products comply with the new laws. Unfortunately, a side effect of the reduced VOC content is slightly increased drying times. However, you can be sure that Dulux Trade paints will still give you a top quality finish with no reduction in durability.

We’ve put together a guide to VOCs on our website which you can find here - http://www.icipaints.co.uk/products/2010/index.jsp It should answer any other questions you have about the new legislation, including what Dulux Trade has done in preparation for the introduction of the new laws and key practical differences with compliant products.

Nicolas Guichard, Senior Brand Manager Dulux Trade

I've always been a big fan of Dulux trade paints. They give the best coverage and best finish compared to other makes. I 'll admit I do use Johnstones for their emulsion but that's about it. This week I've been using the new 2010 dulux trade eggshell and I doesn't dry as quick, but it's still the best finish!

Thanks Nicolas

I had thought that the amount of resin might have increased- the paint does seem to cover better (ie, wrt. obliterating the base colour).

I guess that I am compounding my problems by using owatrol as an additive: Thereby increasing the solvent level in a paint that has a higher resin level. Unfortunately I am not aware of any other suitable additives that will help the paint flow without thinning it.

It is a shame that there are no spray on activators that speed drying once the paint has been applied.

I am hoping that in the height of summer the slower drying will actually be a bonus.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back