grant vortex 36 combi boiler low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all , my hot water pressure has dropped and dont know why , if i bleed the hot water pump will that do anything . Sorry dont have a clue any suggestions would be great , thanks sean

Sponsored Links
Look for a silver braided hose connected to lever valves either end...Open one valve then the other to top up your system to between 1 and 1.5bar

By the way I am assuming that you mean the pressure on the heating side has dropped...apologies if not

lufcmark";p="1439291 said:
Look for a silver braided hose connected to lever valves either end...Open one valve then the other to top up your system to between 1 and 1.5bar[/quote
Thanks for your reply but its my hot water pressure , when we first had boiler hot water came out of taps fast but now its a lot slower , any ideas . Thanks sean

Sponsored Links
its my hot water pressure , when we first had boiler hot water came out of taps fast but now its a lot slower , any ideas . Thanks sean

There's no flow restrictor on the 36 but there may be a filter on the main into the boiler. If so check it's clean.

Have you got a Scale reducer or Water Softener? if not I'll bet the hard Hetrforshire water has scaled up the plate heat exchanger, replacement is the best answer ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back