C30 Concrete

Sponsored Links
Thanks Hotrod, Deluks and Noseall for the clarifications - I'll take back a few bags of sand (keep a few for later) and get some more ballast.

That point about aggregate being stone is NOT universally understood - I have absolutely definitely seen it used (even defined!) as synonymous with ballast - but I understand what I need now.

The mix-by-weight or mix-by-volume thing seems to be a quagmire too... the densities of ballast and cement are quite significantly different so mixing one way to a 5:1 mix would make a 6:1 mix measured the other way. Doing it by volume will give the highest proportion of cement, so I guess that'll be safe, if slightly overkill.

Sponsored Links
Yep, thanks. I understand now that those are the correct definitions, but I've seen aggregate wrongly defined elsewhere. If I come across the link I'll post it for you all to see and ridicule :)

Thanks for the help all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back