Concrete tiles vs manmade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I live in a Victorian house - front is Bangor Blue slates, rear is the darker grey man made repro type. I'm having a kitchen extension on ground floor only and note the architect suggested 'Redwood or other equal approved tile'. It's a 14º pitch. Builder had listed 'concrete tiles' in his estimate. So, apart from the inconsistency of having a third style of tile on the property (which I mentioned to him - he said, ah whatever tile we need to put on) - surely concrete tiles are way more costly than than the man made type in which case it's a bit of an 'over estimation' on the builder's part?

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
By Redwood I'm assuming you mean Redland.

At 14 Degrees your options are limited to something like a Decra steel tile such as a Stratos or indeed concrete, if it could just creep up a degree to 15 then a Redland Cambrian could be used, this being a reconstituted slate it would be in keeping with the rest of the house, the only concrete tile that can be used at that pitch would be something like a Redland Regent which would look completely out of character.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back