ceiling to floor height

Sponsored Links
I don't think there is an actual minimum. It really comes under good practice/design. How low were you thinking of having it? Normal practice is 2.4m. from floor to ceiling in a typical dwelling house and 2.1m from floor to head of windows/doors. You just have to make sure that the ceiling/floor joists do not conflict with any lintels you have over windows/doors.

I don't think there is an actual minimum. It really comes under good practice/design. How low were you thinking of having it? Normal practice is 2.4m. from floor to ceiling in a typical dwelling house and 2.1m from floor to head of windows/doors. You just have to make sure that the ceiling/floor joists do not conflict with any lintels you have over windows/doors.

thanks. was just checking 2.4 wasn't a legal requirement. Would like to try 2.1 because of building height issue with planners.

I "think" the general rule of thumb is that floor to ceiling heights are to be min. 2.1m for a dwelling house, but don't quote me on that.

Sponsored Links

thanks. was just checking 2.4 wasn't a legal requirement. Would like to try 2.1 because of building height issue with planners.

2.1m ceiling height will look pants and create a white elephant. It could even influence prospective buyers. This ceiling height puts it at window head height.

Orrible!

Considering "the house" is in fact a small "fishermans cottage" I personally do not think it will be "pants". In fact it will be in keeping with the surrounding conservation area cottages.

Considering "the house" is in fact a small "fishermans cottage" I personally do not think it will be "pants". In fact it will be in keeping with the surrounding conservation area cottages.

Oh ok. :oops:

I guess your widow head will be low also. ;)

and so shoud yours, noseall - in shame ;) In fact you should be ploughing a furrow with your nose

and so shoud yours, noseall - in shame ;) In fact you should be ploughing a furrow with your nose

Here's one i did earlier....
istockphoto_3887515-ploughed-field.jpg

shame on you noseall. polish up your crystal ball, theres a good chap :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back