Fitting a new uPVC door - any advice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We need to fit a new uPVC front door and was just after some idea of how much it would (roughly) cost. I know this depends alot on type of door etc, but some rough figures on fitting and door costs would be great just so I have an idea if the quotes I receive are reasonable.
Also, where should I look. I have checked out the usual double glazing companies websites, but was wondering if anyone else had other ideas of better (and cheaper) places to get quotes from.
Cheers for any help.

Sponsored Links
you can get a cheap door supplied and fitted for £500. 00 thats just a basic door obviously you can spend a bit more for a better one look in yellow pages and go for a local supplier as the national ones are way overrated and over priced

Is it possible to fit a solid wooden door? do a search on here upvc v wooden doors

We've just had 2 new composite doors supplied for just under a grand.

Fitting on the first door took a day and on the second door took half a day.

So ...... around £500 for a half decent composite door (I got mine from Eurocell) and I paid a labourer (ex window fitter) £90 a day for fitting (he did the windows as well).

Sponsored Links
Well Everest quoted me £1400, with a lot of speel about being the best so hence the price being more than their competitors etc etc.

To be honest I think I am going to go for a wooden door as they are cheaper and better looking so thanks for all the help.

Avoid the big nationals like the plague, use local independent registered DG companies, they are much better value for equal if not better quality, both on product & installation. You should be able to get 3 doors for that price :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back