Hoover AM120 was washing now doesnt no spin either

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hoover 6 1200 (AM120) which goes through the wash cycle but then doesnt spin at the end of it, the dial clicks through and sometimes when I manually put it on a slower spin cycle it works but mostly not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It was washing, but is now doing nothing other than coming on, lighting up, then filling with water etc, then clicking through the entire program, without the drum moving at all. Think my girlfriend has overloaded it at some point but not often, would have thought it could have taken it.
Plus it was washing for a while but not spinning now its doing nothing. Could the motor have gone, reckon the machine is around 2yrs old.

Sounds as though it's worth checking the motor brushes. It's exhibiting the classic symptoms. You can never tell though....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back