whirlpool Leaking from soap draw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i\\\'ve tried fixing my whirlpool it leaks from the soap draw when washing but not everytime, I \\\'v tried leveling the machine tilting it backwards turning water pressure down removing the flap, but still leaks from the draw. can anyone help :(

Sponsored Links
I had a similar problem with a Zanussi. Solved by removing top of machine and removing the hose feeding the drum from the soap drawer. Hose was blocked with scale - cleared hose, replaced and checked for leaks. Simple job, good as new.

keyplayer said:
I had a similar problem with a Zanussi. Solved by removing top of machine and removing the hose feeding the drum from the soap drawer. Hose was blocked with scale - cleared hose, replaced and checked for leaks. Simple job, good as new.

Can you please give me some instructions on how to fix this please i can't afford to have someone come and do it!! :(

Sponsored Links
On most Whirlpool machines you can get to this hose by removing the front panel of the cabinet. Remove the bottom trim panel, remove the retaining wire from round the front edge of the door seal and detach the seal from the front panel, unscrew the 2 screws for the door lock and remove the screws along the bottom edge of the front panel. If you then push downwards on the front panel it will be released and can be removed. It will then be easy to see the hose and remove it for cleaning.
Sometimes this hose gets distorted by the heat of boil washes etc. and then needs to be renewed.

the cure for this is to remove soap drawer,clean roof of outer soap drawer,dry and then wipe roof with a tissue that has been sprayed with wd40-believe it or not this lasts for about 6 months

useful, but note origonal poster is unlikely to say thanks, as it was posted nearly 2 months ago.

May i suggest you see item 17

Breezer-i dont mind about no thanks,but took me ages to find this repair out so thought would share anyway ta nigeld

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back