Zanussi wjd 1257 jumps from wash cycle to spin very quickly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The machine starts off normally with water running into detergent tray. Rotates the drum a few times and then jumps to spin cycle in any of the wash programs. No error messages. Spin seems to work fine. Can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
Little bit strange symptoms at first glance I would have suspected the motor tacho. Could be worth a look.

The tacho coil is fitted to the rear of the motor (other end from the pully) the coil itself should be held in place by a plate of some type, under the coil is a little piece that screws into the motor shaft, sometimes this works loose and pushes the coil off.

The coil itself should have a fairly high resisitance. Recently had one in with similar symptoms and it was a open circuit tacho coil, replaced it and all was well.

The tacho coils resisitance is changed by the motor rotation which enables the control board to know which speed it is doing.

Hi Leccy758

Thank you for your prompt response. I have checked the coil security and seems to be pushed in solid. The spin speeds seem to change when I work through the program according to what speed is chosen. Does this confirm that the tacho is ok.
The wash cycle seems to abort after a couple of minutes jumping straight onto spin sequence but it only drains without a high speed spin. When I press reset at the end the display comes up with 3 minutes and the drain and spins starts again. The symptoms seem to point to a bit of program corruption. Is there a harder reset sequence other than the reset button?

Hi jaguargenie

Did you ever get this problem sorted out. I have the same problem with my wjd 1257. No error codes all seems fine. I select a wash program and after 2 or 3 turns of the drum it jumps to 3 mins left in the program , tries to empty the drum and finishes without any error. This happens on all programs

Regards

Michael

Sponsored Links
Hi Michael

I am afraid I haven't followed it through since then but did collect some comments from others in the forum, which I will paste below for your convenience, in case you haven't seen it already. Although there is an error code mentioned, I felt some of the symptoms discussed could influence the issues we have. Please let me know how you get on. Cheers

Err20 - clean filter or no drain fault, then check outlet, then pump faulty need torx see below
If the filter is clean then the machine is sensing that it has not completely drained in the time allowed.
check the outlet hose and the spigot on the sink trap (if it is connected to the sink trap) for blockages.
check the sump hose for foreign bodies, eg: a sock. Lean the machine back, lay down on the floor and look up under the machine.
The sump hose is a concertina type on the right side of the machine from the tub to the pump housing. If all that is clear, it may indicate a failing pump or the triac that powers it (main circuit board) problems.
I took out the pipes, pump etc looking for a block and found a button blocking a "pressure switch thingy" which was slowing the flow of water causing the error code.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back