Texecom dialer interference

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

Hopefully someone may be able to assist me. Installed a Veritas system with dialer just under a year ago and has worked with no problems. Recently however we started having an issue with incoming calls which I traced to the autodialler responding to the incoming call with a fax like sound. So the dialer is currently disconnected until I can work out what is going on.

Dialer is correctly installed with earth etc as per Texecom instructions.

I have tried with a different DSL filter in case that could have been the issue, disconnected phones in case REN too high etc. With conclusion that it is the dialer.

Next step is to power it down to try and reset (does not seem to be reset function?) and then reprogramme to see if that solves out.

But I wondered if anyone out there has any other suggestions? It may be a problem with the dialer but I would be surprised.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
There was issues with them doing this.

There is a feature that lets you dial into the dialler and leave a message, or 'tannoy' to the building via the inbuilt or external speaker. These features are off by default, but for some reason, regardless of the settings, the system answers calls and records a memo message.

I have replaced three of these becasue of the funny fault in the last few years.

Thanks for the advice but it looks as though it has sorted itself out, at least for now.

I ended up powering it down and then reprogramming it and now all seems OK with ring count set to zero.

If problems persist I'll speak with Texecom as of course it is just over a year old!

Cheers

Andrew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back