DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Texecom dialer interference

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Alarms, CCTV & Telephones
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewph

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:53 am Reply with quote

All,

Hopefully someone may be able to assist me. Installed a Veritas system with dialer just under a year ago and has worked with no problems. Recently however we started having an issue with incoming calls which I traced to the autodialler responding to the incoming call with a fax like sound. So the dialer is currently disconnected until I can work out what is going on.

Dialer is correctly installed with earth etc as per Texecom instructions.

I have tried with a different DSL filter in case that could have been the issue, disconnected phones in case REN too high etc. With conclusion that it is the dialer.

Next step is to power it down to try and reset (does not seem to be reset function?) and then reprogramme to see if that solves out.

But I wondered if anyone out there has any other suggestions? It may be a problem with the dialer but I would be surprised.

Cheers
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
Lectrician

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quote

There was issues with them doing this.

There is a feature that lets you dial into the dialler and leave a message, or 'tannoy' to the building via the inbuilt or external speaker. These features are off by default, but for some reason, regardless of the settings, the system answers calls and records a memo message.

I have replaced three of these becasue of the funny fault in the last few years.
 Alert Moderators
andrewph

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:03 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice but it looks as though it has sorted itself out, at least for now.

I ended up powering it down and then reprogramming it and now all seems OK with ring count set to zero.

If problems persist I'll speak with Texecom as of course it is just over a year old!

Cheers

Andrew
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Alarms, CCTV & Telephones All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: