Poor bathroom water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am suffering with chnaging water pressures in the bathroom. I moved into the house 1 year ago, pressure seemed to be ok (not great for the shower but not too bad) and fitted a hand bidet to the toilet faucet which delivered good pressure.

The shower is an electric shower.

In the last 4-5 months I have noted a drop in water pressure esp from bidet and shower. This drop in pressure is mainly in the mornings when little more than a trickle seems to come out of either appliance.

I have located the mains tap, and this on full.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
perhaps your incoming water pressure is varying?

I have heard of one "estate" where if they use too much water........tough.
there is a big "header tank" that holds the water, but the pump that pumps the water to it is only switched on twice a day

Suggest you fit an unvented hot water tank. Expensive but worth every penny. I had one fitted recenlty as my electric shower was a nuisance. Is difficult to get me out of the shower in the mornings...sheer bliss.

Have a similar shower problem - would be grateful for a brief explanation of the unvented water tank, AMAC47.

Many thanks,

P.J.

Sponsored Links
if you are having probs with water pressure a uvhws is not the way to go unless you fit a new main with at least 2bar pref 3bar WORKING PRESSURE not standing you need to check the pressures at peak demand and quiet times speak to your water supply company they may be able to tell you why the pressure varies and the min they have to supply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back