Vailliant Combi Boiler Pressure too high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically my vaillant combi boiler broke today and I had someone round to fix it. However now the pressure is too high its on three (red) when it should be between 0.5 - 2 (green) Any ideas how I can make the pressure go down? It only seems to be going down when my heating is off.

Sponsored Links
Bleed some water away from a convenient radiator bleed valve - it may take a little while but its the most boiler friendly way.....keep an eye on the pressure afterwards.
John :)

What did he do to fix it ?

he may have reprssurized the system and failed to turn the filling valve off correctly :cry:

It was just a loose connection on the circuit board. I turned the valve yesterday because it was on 0 and put it on 1.5. But I have turned the valve off. But since the boiler has been fixed and up and running the pressure has risen to 3.

Sponsored Links
if your sure the filling valves are turned off, there are two.

You will have to check the expansion vesstle has approx .7 bar and not leaking water through the shrader valve.

It may just need repressurizing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back