Maximum Boiler Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I normally have my boiler pressure set to just slightly over 1 bar when stone cold.

However, today, the boiler had been running for some time and I noticed the pressure had risen to almost 2.5 bar.

Obviously, I would expect it to rise when it gets hot, but does this seem normal, or is there something starting to go wrong with the PV?

It hasn't tripped out yet, or blown the PRV.

Sponsored Links
the P.R.V (pressure relief valve) is there to do a job. to stop the pipes in you heating system going popif the water over heats. Its the weakest piont on the system so normally around 3/4 bar the prv will start to leak to out side, which says its doing its job, when water is heated it will naturally expand with pressure, i wouldnt worry to much unless it starts coming out of the pressure relief valve !

Ok cheers.

It just had me worried as it was in the red zone on the gauge.

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
2.5 is a bit high.

If it is 1 bar at cold and 2.5 when heated then your expansion vessel might need pumping up.

Andy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back