SL Compact Exit Timer Problem

Hi

No 17 is further to the right you may have to lift the top cover up/off to see it

Also the reason your alarm was going off when tripped is either due to dead or missing battery in your panel, looking at your picture you dont have a battery at all

You can pick one up for around £10

Sponsored Links
Son that's what the two wires hanging down 'should' be attached to then... A battery? Makes some sense!

Why sort an where would I buy one?

Thank you again by the way!!

Heres the battery you need

Look at this on eBay:

12 VOLT 1.2AH ALARM BATTERY ( 12V 1.2AH - 1.3AH )

http://bit.ly/IhZ1VQ

Having this connected will stop it going off when you have power cuts or trips

Bought! Thank you! Should be arriving in the next few days by the looks of it!

Next step to reset it...

Sponsored Links
Yes you now need to reset it

You will need a small length approx 6" of wire to connect them two numbers together to reset, but first remove that top cover and remove the wires from them two numbers you are going to be using, bear in mind your reconnecting them after doing the reset

When doing reset you neednt screw this length of wire in you just need to hold it where the screws bits are for a very short time, you will hear alarm beep on reset, it only takes seconds.

In this order

Removes wires from them terminals
Put power on (push fuse back in)
Use length of wire to touch them terminals both at same time obviously

The alarm will reset

When you do apply the power chances are youre alarm will sound but will stop once you reset it, this can all be done in 2-3 seconds

Once you have reset it leave power connected and soon as your battery comes attach it straight away
Hope this makes sense to you

You're a gent! Thank you.

I take it I do need to wait on the battery arriving before i do this?

and.. how do I reset it after the alarm goes off... Is that a case of downloading the main manual for the alarm?

Thanks!!

You can reset it now as long as when you apply the power you leave it on dont disconnect it or you will the alarm sound again

Programming it is easy

OK - I've established that my box isn't numbered as 17 and 27 but IS labelled up as PA and SET so we're all good on the connectors front...

When I connect up the PA (no.17) it is a double connecter with a U shaped wire connecting the two terminals... and the SET terminal has nothing going into it.. So as I see it, there are no wires going into these two terminals at present. See pic below...

Should there be wires into these terminals?

Thank you ...

Simon

Thats fine

Remove the loop shaped wire then

Place your bit of wire in the correct points and push that fuse in

Alarm will make a beep to confirm reset

Then stick that u shaped wire back where it came out

Thanks...! Alarm now reset.. Can't believe I've had the darned thing for going on 5 years with the fuse pulled out! Will send over my email address...

And now reprogrammed! Most impressed with your help and with the ease in which my alarm has now become a working feature of the house! :) THank you thank you!

Just to pick your brains with one more thing if I may... I have two cats and as such, the PIR's I imagine will go off with them wandering the house. I saw some 'pet friendly' PIR's online.. Are they worth it? Do they work..? etc etc

Thank you again,

Kind regards

Simon

Glad to hear you alarm pretty much sorted

When the battery arrives put your alarm into engineer mode before removing the front cover, connect battery and replace cover, job done

Dont forget to change the engineer code and user codes from default

Regarding pet PIR i cant really comment as ive no pets, but they must work if setup correctly

You could part set the system or setup double knock.

They say dusl tec pirs are the best but im not sure if suitable with pets

Let me know how you get on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back