vaillant ecotec pro dhw flow rate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i have recently had installed a new bath (monobloc tap)and when i open the hot tap the dhw comes out slow but when i open it in my sink downstairs it comes out a lot faster,the temperature is the same when tried on both sink and bath individually
the feed to the bath is 15mm which i have read elsewhere is correct.
is there anyway i can check the flow rate on the boiler itself?
could there be also a blockage?

Sponsored Links
If there were any restriction it would not be at the boiler if the flow is good at the kitchen.

It sounds as if you have not dealt with it scientifically!

Could you measure the flow rate in litres per minute, needs stopwatch and bucket, at each tap and tell me what they measure.

I think they will be very similar but please do the measurements.

Tony

sounds like the monoblock has european tails which are designed for 12mm pipes. often the simple solution is to change the tails to english ones that have a slightly larger internal bore.
B&Q, Lidl and Aldi all sell these euro taps!!!!

Sponsored Links
tony
it looks like you have hit the nail on the head
i measured both flows with a bucket and a stopwatch and they were both the same but it looked totatally different on the eye, i knew i was filling a large bath compared to a kitchen sink but even so it looked different
anyway sorry for the lateness of my reply but im on nights
thanks for both of you for your help and have a happy new year
thanks again
nik partington

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back