Grid Switch Dimmer

Sponsored Links
Those are quite old and are a different size to the current grid, you may be able to source one to fit but it will involve less hair removing to just replace the whole grid.
(Put the switches in your store room too, they are always handy.)

If you buy me a brand new three-way dimmer switch for my lounge, I can swap you my old MK grid which contains two dimmers and a 2-way SP switch :D

In all seriousness, you're better off buying a whole new switch, unless you have very good cause not to.

Sponsored Links
There is a company who does universal grid dimmers which fits old MK grid in amongst others. I think it was a company called richmond, but it's been a while since I last got one.

Home automation grid dimmer, comes with about 3 plastic peices to fit that old mk one as well as other grids.
It is a slide push on/off dimmer rather than a rotary knob.

The MK dimmer is limited to 220VA so no good if you have a larger load than that.

Indeed it is Richmond that make a "universal" grid dimmer that fits many grids. They make a range of sizes, although the larger ones (700W+) take up two spaces in a grid.

You can buy Richmond at many wholesalers, and online.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back