Vaillant Turbomax Plus 828e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Could someone please help. I have had my boiler switched off and drained due to having to change a radiator. When I switched it back on after filling the system up, my boiler fires up for about 10 secs and then switches off. I then get an F28 fault code. I have looked at the code in the manual but cannot work it out. I have enough gas, as I have checked the heater in the living room, and also the gas fire.

If there was a gas supply problem, then why would the boiler fire up, and then switch off after 10 seconds.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
The system pressure is between 1.5 and 2 bars....Ive reset it plenty of times. Ive taken the front off and reset it. The boiler fires up and you can see the boiler ignite, the fan turns on, and the boiler starts running, but 5-10 seconds later the flames go out and it shuts down. Then locks out.

I really dont want to replace the boiler as its been superb for the past 5 years.

Ive had someone round who says it could be the diverter valve, or the DHW exchanger or the pump or the board. That could mean anything. And replacing each one, well I may aswell go and purchase a new boiler!!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back