Placement of hot water cylinder and cold water tanks

Sponsored Links
Hello kind people. I am wanting to pick some more brains if possible....

Yes more space is the key as the original hot water tank area is going to be a shower area. Hopefully.

Extending the loft hatch to fit the 50 gallon tank up in the loft took longer than anticipated but I managed to get some floor boards down to start with a good solid base (a bit too good as it's solid pine!).

I have another diagram to which I have indicated the pipe run. I wasn't sure if it was best to do a dog leg pipe run or try and keep a smother line? Does the green line look ok for 22mm pipe run?

I have also added a shower pump underneath the Hot water cylinder, was looking at salamander pump for just over £100 and though I might as well add it in.

Drunken conversation last night with my plumber mate hadn't seen in years gave me sleepless night as he ranted about how good mains pressure tanks were! Still I've made my decision...

Thanks

again...

more or less the same set up ive got in my house matey !!! not sure about the salamander though ......cant remember if there good or crap but it started alarm bells ringing when i heard the name. 50 gallon tank in loft (mines on a stand) run down to cylinder in bedroom cupboard below. !!! good job !!! remember that with the height now gained the pressure will more than likely be ok for the bath and basin taps so only the shower needs to be pumped in my eyes!!!! i think you conquered it robbie! might be an idea to fit a surry flange..... (ihttp://www.uk-plumbing.com/Watermill-Surrey-Flange-22mm-X-1%22-BSP-p-42259.htm)lf your running a new hot supply for a shower to stop any air locks ...... you might not actually have any but better to be safe than sorry in my eyes !!!! hot for the shower comes out the flange @ side and the hot for everything else continues as was ..out the top !!!

more or less the same set up ive got in my house matey !!! not sure about the salamander though ......cant remember if there good or crap but it started alarm bells ringing when i heard the name. 50 gallon tank in loft (mines on a stand) run down to cylinder in bedroom cupboard below. !!! good job !!! remember that with the height now gained the pressure will more than likely be ok for the bath and basin taps so only the shower needs to be pumped in my eyes!!!! i think you conquered it robbie! might be an idea to fit a surry flange..... (ihttp://www.uk-plumbing.com/Watermill-Surrey-Flange-22mm-X-1%22-BSP-p-42259.htm)lf your running a new hot supply for a shower to stop any air locks ...... you might not actually have any but better to be safe than sorry in my eyes !!!! hot for the shower comes out the flange @ side and the hot for everything else continues as was ..out the top !!!

Ah that's good to hear, a bit of re-assurance. Thanks.
Just been reading about the surrey flange to. I guess the pipe work is ok as long as it goes down as vertical as possible :D

Sponsored Links
as long as the pipe work dont run up it will be fine becasue the height and weight of water is pushing it down

Hi

Not sure from reading your post if you put both the Codl water storage and hot water cylinder in the loft? If you did, did it cause any problems re pressure etc?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back