ford focus 56 cant open bonnet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The grills out the lock is there in front of me but i dont know what to do next ive tried taking out the 2 bolts to the bonnet but this dosnt free it. how do i get the lock meckinism out or spring open the bonnet.

Sponsored Links
this is a problem with ford's so called wonderful locking mechanism - basically its crap!!
try spraying WD40 into the barrel then press down on bonnet whilst wiggling the key both ways it usually frees up enough to get it open on to first latch, then press lightly on the bonnet to release the 2nd catch (opposite turn on the key) if you get it open then clean out as much crud as you can and spray WD40 all over the lock mechanism get as much as you can in and keep turning the key back and forth until it turns easily.

Sponsored Links
The grills out the lock is there in front of me but i dont know what to do next ive tried taking out the 2 bolts to the bonnet but this dosnt free it. how do i get the lock meckinism out or spring open the bonnet.
See General-Cars, I posted the remedy to this problem Keys locked under bonnet.

Wotan

Had a similar problem with Mondeo MK3, key would not open the bonnet,
turn first to the left then to the right, just not engaging, no access to spring the mechanism from underneath the car, so assuming the Focus is the same locking method as the Mondeo....first swing the badge open, then using an electric drill, chain drill a series of small holes in an oval shape, join them together by using a larger drill, then break out the piece of plastic, you will then expose the lock, its held in by two shear headed bolts.
center pop the heads of each, then with a new 6mm drill drill them out, you will need to use a lot of pressure and cutting fluid will help, it's vital the drill is kept central to the bolt and not allowed to wander, once both bolt heads have been drilled out, the lock will just pull out, (replacement shear head bolts cost about two quid).
when the lock is removed you will find a plastic distance piece one end has a recess the other end a + cross like a screwdriver point, in fact if you have a very long screwdriver this can be used to open the bonnet catch.
I know this sounds long winded but it becomes apparent when actually doing the job.

I have a focus..its a s**t idea tp lock the bonnet, even when you go to fill up with petrol & want to check fluids, you think...cant be arsed..got to top my washer bottles tomorrow, so it old clothes have a swear etc..
I have so many problems opening my bonnet, I afraid I will break the key, I have to press down on the bonnet (mind its to hard & I damage it) I have greased it oiled ...I still dont think its an easy job.
I bet most woman would have a struggle. (with the bonnet)

Try here
http://www.ffoc.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums
although they arent that helpful, but nor is your post.
What have you done lost the key or trying to break in.
yes its my car and problem its as i said every thing is off the lock connecting cable and plastic connection to bonnet catch. i need to either dismantle the plastic connection or release the bonnet some other way.

Sponsored Links
Back