how do you get a screen view onto a word document

N

NoHounds

how do you get a screen view onto a word document

i will go into more detail if i need to

Sponsored Links
start the doc

put the cursor where you want to insert the image

go to the screen you want to show (use "alt" + "tab")

press "Alt" + "Print Screen"

Go back to Word

put in a few Carriage Returns

you need at least two after the image

Put the cursor between the C/Rs (they look like a backward capital "P" and you can display them by clicking on that symbol in the Word Taskbar)

Press "Ctrl" + "V" to paste the screen image into the doc

You can make the image bigger or smaller by clicking and grabbing and pulling on its corners, or I think by right-clicking on the image and using "format picture" though I never do it that way.

Edited: like he says (below)

Edited again to make it say what I should have said in the first place :oops:

Sponsored Links
I usually just press print scrn can't see any difference when using ctrl?

Agreed, just press print screen and then edit and paste it into the document. However, what if it's an older keyboard that doesn't have the print screen command? What way can it be done then?

It's been on all the keyboards I've had in the last 10 years, probably longer :confused:

I assume he meant ALT+<Print Screen> given that the alt modifier means that only the window with focus will be captured.

Print Screen has been around since the very early Unix days where it really did mean "Print screen" and whatever text was on screen was sent to a printer.

I don't know what I meant now :LOL:

seems to work for me though

"Alt" + "Print Screen" is the one that looks best

It's been on all the keyboards I've had in the last 10 years, probably longer :confused:

:D You're probably right!!!! I have 2 keyboards in front of me for 2 separate computers in my office at home, and thanks to your reply, I have just realised that one of the keyboards(the older one) is Spanish! 'Impr Pant' :)

I find cropping in word does not really crop and the document can become very large. I will normally paste into Paint and then select what is required and copy and paste into word when using PC.

Not sure with Mac I know it works different but can never remember the key strokes and unlike PC there is no copy key as such.

M$ Photo Editor - came with M$ Office but discontinued from Office 2003 onward.

I find it useful.
It can be singularly installed from an appropriate pre Office 2003 CD... Here is the griff :- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817095

-0-

Sponsored Links
Back