Accenta G4 locked out rkp lcd lit no power or day light on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi anyone who can advise on this fault .

recently had electrical problems here ,where the supply voltage has dropped as low as 90v ac .
though the wiring centre has back up battery the external sirens are held in .
the rkp is showing the lcd lit up green back ground when i touch any buttons and no sound lcd Accenta G4 rkp F131 -01-100 .i know what it stands for ,but the rkp is un functional ,the day and power lights are not lit .have tried power down and link set - tamp procedure but still no avail .

The engineer manual dosen't do a very good Fault finding guide which is why i am here .
would appreciate any imput

Sponsored Links
I would suggest a complete power down , mains and battery, leave for at least 10 secs , then power up mains first.If that doesn't work remove all wiring , replace factory links , then try the default method as shown in the manual , if that fails , then it looks like its replacement panel time :( .
Be careful around mains voltages.

I would suggest a complete power down , mains and battery, leave for at least 10 secs , then power up mains first.If that doesn't work remove all wiring , replace factory links , then try the default method as shown in the manual , if that fails , then it looks like its replacement panel time :( .
Be careful around mains voltages.

.Will check tomorrow and keep you informed .
I must mention i am a qualified spark over 28yrs 2381/2391 be it 16th Edition I installed this system 18months ago and all ok till last few days .

thanks for kind advice
& Happy New Year

hi i read your post and cannot see why you have no power light on the L-C-D key pad have you got a power light on the control panel if not you will have to check the power supply to the panel and rectify if it is not lit
you have a fuse inside the control panel and also should be fused on the supply power be carefull electricity kills you must have power on both the key pad and the control panel sounds like the battery is run down and not enough power in it to reset the panel the G4 panel is rock solid and very programable nice to know if you find out why you have no power i have the engineers manual for the G4 if you need any info

Sponsored Links
hi i read your post and cannot see why you have no power light on the L-C-D key pad have you got a power light on the control panel if not you will have to check the power supply to the panel and rectify if it is not lit
you have a fuse inside the control panel and also should be fused on the supply power be carefull electricity kills you must have power on both the key pad and the control panel sounds like the battery is run down and not enough power in it to reset the panel the G4 panel is rock solid and very programable nice to know if you find out why you have no power i have the engineers manual for the G4 if you need any info

Hi
I did mention i installed this system and a qualified Spark (formerly Known as an Electrician)
Every fuse in the system is ok .power supply input 220v ac primary secondary 17v ac battery disconnected out put 13.61 vdc ,
battery charged at 13.6v dc
oh and the control panel led is illuminated .

what has happened over night is the keypad hasn't got back light no more even when you touch any button .

Hi
I did mention i installed this system and a qualified Spark (formerly Known as an Electrician)
Every fuse in the system is ok .power supply input 220v ac primary secondary 17v ac battery disconnected out put 13.61 vdc ,

what has happened over night is the keypad hasn't got back light no more even when you touch any button .

have you followed denfords advice yet?

This code appears to be a fault connected with the inability of the RKP communicating with the main PCB. I found one of these accenta g4 minis lying in the workshop after coming home from holiday finding my reliable old faithful Optima XM had died and went to heaven. I installed it and had the same fault code. As i am an experienced installer and have (too much) faith in my own wiring I googled the code and arrived here. It transpires that when I was closing the case, I inadvertantly left the comms wire and a tamper wire in the way of the screw which sliced the wires in two. Relocating them solved the problem. Hope this helps others. ;)

PS coldelsol quote:

lcd Accenta G4 rkp F131 -01-100 .i know what it stands for

If you knew what it meant why don't you enlighten us??

That's good battery charged at 13.6v, wow, no problems then.

By the way, have you done a Full Battery Discharge Test?
No, I didn't think so.

Bet it's naff.

It'd be good to know the battery Ah rating, would be easier to advise, but, if it is a small 2.1Ah and a discharge test shows nearly or below 1.3Ah, replace it

if it's a 7Ah and shows nearly or below 4.55Ah, again replace it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back