Creda 950 DL Electric Shower Overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced an old Triton Opal 9.5kw shower which kept going cold after use... it didn't have an overheat indicator.
As it was at least 6yrs old I decided to replace it and chose a Creda 950 DL from Argos. It seemed to have the basic requirement of a proper start/stop button and separate heat and flow controls... and Creda is a well known name innit !!

So, after sweating for nearly 2 days making the existing plumbing and electrics fit ( this has to be the worst designed unit for making connections) I finally switched on ........!!!!
The unit gets hot as expected, BUT... when it is turned off the water flow stops immediately ( rather than the normal 2-3 secs running on) and then a click can be heard. If the unit is then turned back on, the overheat light is lit and it only runs cold.
By turning it off and on again the unit then runs as normal, but the sequence then repeats after each switch off.
It happens on both Med flow and High flow, with heat setting at moderate.
I have tried it with my original hose and shower head, as well as the new hose and head.. exactly ther same result.

Checking the user manual it seems to suggest I might have low water pressure, but the cold water taps seem pretty fast and the washing machine/ dishwasher are OK.
The only doubt in my mind is that we had a water meter fitted some months ago... I am wondering if the pressure was turned down or I have leak in the supply.

I shall contact Creda after the bank holiday but...Any thoughts please ??

Sponsored Links
update.
Spoke to Creda help desk.. who weren't.
They say the shower is not designed to have a phased shutdown and I must have low water pressure.

I can't believe any shower would stop immediately without overheating. Their only other helpful comment was to do what I was doing and switch to cold before turning off.
Fantastic bargain this was.. not.

update.
Spoke to Creda help desk.. who weren't.
They say the shower is not designed to have a phased shutdown and I must have low water pressure.

I can't believe any shower would stop immediately without overheating. Their only other helpful comment was to do what I was doing and switch to cold before turning off.
Fantastic bargain this was.. not.

very few showers have phased shut down only the descent showers.

if you had low water pressure you wouldn't get any heat as the pressure switch wouldn't be activated at low pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back